I missed one last week! Not sure how that happened, just busy. The heavy and sometimes cold weather hasn’t been kind on the gardens – a lot of stuff has been flattened resulting in frantic mornings with bamboo and twine. The weather brought out the slugs too and they seem to have ended my hopes of a good Dahlia year but never mind.
1. Astrantia – glorious white, like an explosion.
2 Rhododendron – no idea of the cultivar but I love the colour, a sort of light lime cream.
3. Bees – happy to see quite a few buzzing around the garden, especially on our little crop of foxgloves which they love.
4. Japanese painted lady ferns (Athyrium niponicum) – this garden has a beautiful clump in a nice shady spot, the colours are fantastic at this time of year.
5. Geranium (possibly x magnificum) – looking glorious just before the rain flattened them out!
6. Amaryllis – we’ve been waiting for this to flower for a client for years. He never gave up and finally we’ve been rewarded with this beautiful flower!